Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Westmont Personal Injury Lawyers
The community of Westmont, Illinois is located in DuPage County. The village has a landmass of just over five square miles, and is heavily populated with over 25,000 residents. The village of Westmont is a highly sought after community for families due to its geographical location of less than 20 miles from the Chicago Metropolitan area.
Transportation in and out of the community includes the BNSF Railway line at the Westmont Metra station serving daily rail transportation between Chicago Union Station and Aurora, Illinois. In addition, residents have access to I-94, I-55, I-88, US Route 34, and I-355.
However, overcrowding in the community has led to a higher incident of accidents that involve injuries, including pedestrian accidents. As a result, many of the residents of the community turn to Westmont accident attorneys, to file a lawsuit or a claim to receive financial recompense for their injuries, when the accident was not their fault.
The Westmont personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent residents and visitors in Westmont, Illinois involved in all types of serious accident and injury cases. Did the negligent actions of others cause your loved one severe injury or lead to a wrongful death? If so, our legal team invites you to speak with our attorneys in a free case consultation to discuss your legal rights and options. We accept all cases through contingency fee agreements where payments for legal services are postponed until after we have resolved your case through a negotiated settlement or jury trial award. We offer every client a “No Win/No-Fee” Guarantee, meaning if we are unable to obtain compensation on your behalf, you owe us nothing.Hiring Westmont Accident Lawyers
Unfortunately, drivers hitting pedestrians is a common occurrence. In fact, the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) reports that tens of thousands of pedestrians are victims of car related accidents suffering severe injuries every year. Anytime a driver is moving their vehicle 30 miles an hour or greater, and hits a pedestrian, injuries to the victim tend to be catastrophic, and at times, fatal. Because of that, victims of minor and major pedestrian accidents hire Westmont accident lawyers to handle their case.
Accidents involving pedestrians and vehicles happen for numerous reasons. These can include:
- Construction debris on the sidewalk
- Poorly maintained property
- Defective sidewalks and parking lots
- Poorly lit streets
- Bad weather conditions
Whatever the reason is for a driver hitting a pedestrian, the victim has the legal right to seek financial recompense to cover their injuries. However, that requires establishing negligence to determine if the actions of the driver directly caused the accident.
Because of that, it is essential to seek out experienced Westmont accident lawyers that can prove which party is at fault for the injuries caused by the incident. Many times, more than one responsible party can be held legally liable. Establishing negligence typically requires basic factors that could include:
- Proving that the responsible individual has a legal duty under the law to the pedestrian
- That the party that is responsible for the accident breached or failed in their duty by their inaction, action, or conduct
- Proving that the party responsible for the accident harmed or injured the pedestrian
Achieving a successful outcome in a pedestrian accident lawsuit typically depends on a thorough evaluation of all the available evidence. Usually, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC that specialize in accident cases can determine responsibility by examining certain conditions that often include:
- The party is responsible because they were driving the vehicle that hit or ran over the pedestrian
- The party is responsible because they breached their duty to maintain a safe sidewalk, roadway or parking lot where the accident involving the pedestrian occurred
- The party is responsible because of their reckless action toward the pedestrian
Hiring a skilled attorney early on can protect the rights of the pedestrian when making a legal claim for financial recompense.Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can Help Navigate Complex Illinois Tort Law
The Illinois tort law that involves vehicle/pedestrian accidents tends to be extremely complex. In many incidences, the amount of financial recompense often hinges on every participant’s exact duties and a level of expectation of care by all involved. This is important because the property owner, driver and pedestrian are required to adhere to Illinois law when using or maintaining a roadway.
Anytime a driver has hit a pedestrian, it is important for the victim to seek out the skills of a competent pedestrian accident attorney. This is the only way to ensure the victim receives enough financial recompense to pay ongoing medical bills and recoup lost wages.
For information on cities in and around Westmont, please look at the pages below:
- Brookfield Personal Injury Attorneys
- Darien Personal Injury Attorneys
- Downers Grove Personal Injury Attorneys
- Elmhurst Personal Injury Attorneys
- Glen Ellyn Personal Injury Attorneys
- Hinsdale Personal Injury Attorneys
- La Grange Personal Injury Attorneys
- Lisle Personal Injury Attorneys
- Lombard Personal Injury Attorneys
- Villa Park Personal Injury Attorneys
- Westchester Personal Injury Attorneys
- Woodridge Personal Injury Attorneys