Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Product manufacturers have a legal responsibility to develop, design, manufacture, market and sell products to consumers that are safe to use. In response, consumers have the right to be warned of any product with a serious defect or side effect that causes harm. Unfortunately, product manufacturers, distributors, and retailers often fail to exercise caution when selling their goods. If you have suffered an injury caused by a defective product or device, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can assist you in filing a claim for financial compensation against all parties at fault for the negligence that led to your harm.
Filing a product liability claim or lawsuit is an effective tool to fight against dangerous products including medical devices like joint replacement systems, synthetic mesh devices, and blood clot filters. Our attorneys are currently reviewing various medical device cases that involve:
- Metal-On-Metal Hip Implant – Defective metal replacement implants can release metal particles at the implant site caused by metal joint components rubbing together. Severe inflammation and long-term nerve, muscle and bone damage can develop when metal particles become lodged in the tissue that surrounds the implant.
- Transvaginal Mesh – Doctors treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI) with synthetic mesh devices. However, the transvaginal mesh used in the procedure has recently been associated with infections, bleeding, extensive pain and other serious complications. So far, more than 100,000 lawsuits have been filed against device manufacturers who have developed and brought transvaginal mesh material to the medical marketplace.
- Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter – The implantation of the tiny metal cage-like device is common in patients who have developed blood clots. These filters are implanted in the patient’s veins to catch a clot before it travels to the lungs. However, serious complications are associated with the filter that can perforate a vein or organ, or migrate to a distant area in the body, which can cause severe injury or death.
- Forced Air Warming Blankets – These medical devices have long been used during joint and artificial heart valve surgeries. Unfortunately, these warming blankets, especially the Bair Hugger device, has been associated with the spread of infection and intense infection-related pain.
- Power Morcellator – Doctors have used power morcellator devices for years during gynecological surgical procedures to remove uterine fibroids. Unfortunately, these devices are known to spread uterine cancer by cutting tissue into tiny pieces and scattering it during surgery.
- Talc Products – Baby powder, talcum powder, and cosmetics are known to contain talc because of its capacity to absorb moisture. In recent years, many women have successfully sued talcum product manufacturers by proving the correlation between its use in women who develop ovarian cancer. Talc is known to be especially dangerous to women’s reproductive organs. Its irritating effect causes severe inflammation when talc is used in tampons, diaphragms, condoms, and pads.
Victims can file a product liability lawsuit in federal or state court against a manufacturer, distributor, supplier, or retailer of a defective product the caused damages. While many complaints are filed as a class action suit, individuals can file independent lawsuits. However, in federal court, the judge may transfer the case to join similar lawsuits filed against the same device manufacturer to consolidate the cases for pretrial litigation.
Our attorneys have resolved hundreds of product liability compensation cases. Usually, our attorneys negotiate an out of court settlement for an acceptable lump-sum of cash. We resolve other cases in court to obtain a jury trial award. All our cases have provided our clients ample financial compensation to cover their damages including hospitalization, medical expenses, surgery bills, lost income due to time away from work, lost earning capacity in the future along with non-economic damages including pain, suffering, emotional trauma, mental anxiety, and stress.About Chicago’s West Loop Neighborhood
Chicago’s west side is home to the West Loop neighborhood along the western border of the Chicago River next to the Loop. A fire in this part of town in 1871 started the Great Chicago Fire that claimed the lives of nearly 300 people and destroyed major portions of the city that led to a massive migration out to the local suburbs.
The West Loop neighborhood contains numerous communities including the Fulton River District, Greek Town, Little Italy, South Water Market, University Village, Illinois Medical District, United Center Area, Tri-Taylor, and the West Loop. Notable landmarks include the Holden House, Union Station, Hull House, Groesbeck House, First Baptist Congregational Church, Fulton Randolph Market District and the Jackson Boulevard District.
Residents and visitors can commute throughout Chicagoland easily from the West Loop along Interstates 90 and 290 and the CTA bus routes and Pink, Green, and Blue “L” lines. Educational opportunities in the neighborhood include numerous K-8 and high schools operated by the Chicago Public Schools along with the Moses Montefiore Academy.West Loop Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 28 Alderman Jason Ervin
2602 W. 16th St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Ward 24 Alderman Michael Scott Jr.
1158 S. Keeler Ave.
Chicago, IL 60624
Ward 27 Alderman Walter Burnett, Jr.
4 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612
Ward 31 Alderman Milly Santiago
2521 N. Pulaski Rd.
Chicago, IL 60639
Ward 32 Alderman Scott Waguespack
2657 N. Clybourn
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 33 Alderman Deborah Mell
3001 W. Irving Park Road
Chicago, IL 60618
The West Loop neighborhood defective product attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC remain committed to our clients to ensure their rights are protected, and that the manufacturer is held financially responsible for their defective product and lack of oversight. Our attorneys will build a compelling case based on solid evidence and expert testimony to ensure you recover maximum financial compensation for your losses.
Our efforts can help reduce or eliminate the financial burden your family has endured through this traumatic event. Taking legal action against the manufacturer encourages other product developers to exercise the highest level of caution in the years ahead and warn the consumer any time an existing potential risk is known about their product.
If you need answers on how to file an injury compensation claim, contact us today at (888) 424-5757 or fill in the online intake form now. Our law firm can handle every aspect of your case including filing your claim, submitting paperwork and negotiating directly with the insurance carrier or their attorneys. If we are unable to recover your monetary recompense, do not have to worry about paying any of our legal fees due to our No-Fee Guarantee.