Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Springfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Many seasoned motorcycle riders in the Springfield, Illinois area enjoy taking the Ultimate Scenic Rivers Route, a 140-mile stretch of picturesque countryside beginning along the Illinois River in Havana and ending at the Mississippi River at Alton. As you head nearly due south, the adventure will start in Havana heading west on State Route 136 just past the Emiquon National Wildlife Refuge to southbound Illinois Route 100 west of Carlson Lake.
Bikers and passengers will travel through many small communities, including Bluff City, Sheldon's Grove, Browning, and Frederick before crossing over the Curry Lake and Illinois River at Beardstown. Illinois Route 100 becomes state Route 67 in Beardstown and travels southward through Bluffs, Oxville, Florence, Detroit, Milton, Pearl, Cliffdale, and Jersey vote for ending at the mighty Ol' Man River in Alton.
The scenery along the River Road is magnificent with stunning views of the Mississippi River and nearby bluffs. Along the way, bikers and passengers will experience the beautiful countryside and farmlands just north of Grafton. The road surface is mostly smooth flat blacktop and challenging elevations.
While the volume of traffic remains low once past Grafton, the first part of the journey can be congested. Because of that, it is advisable to remain cautious and aware along the way.Recent Springfield Area Motorcycle Accidents
The Springfield motorcycle accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC remind motorcycle riders and passengers of the inherent dangers of traveling on the streets in and around the Springfield area. Recent serious motorcycle accidents that happened in Sangamon County include:
- In August 2020, one individual lost their lives in a motorcycle accident in Springfield, IL, on the corner of Sunset Avenue and E. John St. The accident occurred at approximately 6:30 PM on August 20. Early investigations do not indicate of other motorists were involved.
- A fatal motorcycle accident occurred in July 2014 near Springfield north of Stevenson Drive along Interstate 55 after the biker lost control of the vehicle and slid on the left shoulder of the highway. The 48-year-old Normal, Illinois, resident died because of his injuries at the scene of the accident. The 35-year-old Colfax female motorcycle passenger was transported to Memorial Medical Center, where she later succumbed to her injuries.
- In June 2015, a single-vehicle fatal motorcycle accident occurred at the intersection of Veterans Parkway and J David Jones Parkway in Springfield. The 45-year-old Springfield motorcycle driver was pronounced dead at the accident scene. In a separate incident, a motorcyclist and passenger traveling west of Springfield on Highway 72 in Scott County veered off the roadway on a Harley Davidson bike, striking a tree. Both riders suffered severe injuries. Law enforcement indicates that the cause of the accident might be due to a medical condition suffered by the biker.
According to the insurance information Institute, many motorcycle crashes in the United States are the result of driver behavior and a lack of alert awareness by others sharing the roadway. Statistics show that bikers are much more likely to die or suffer severe injuries in a crash compared to occupants in passenger vehicles in commercial trucks. Reports indicate that Supersport bikes produce the most fatalities an overall collision loss concerning other motorbike classes.
Some reports by the National Safety Council reveal that many drivers in passenger vehicles and commercial trucks involved in an accident were unaware of the motorcycle until after they collided. Many drivers do not see the motorcyclist or do not anticipate the biker's movements before the collision occurs. Many of these types of accidents result in brain injuries, road rash, extensive lacerations, or spinal cord injury.Suffering Injuries from a Springfield Motorcycle Crash?
There are numerous types of motorcycle accidents occurring throughout the Springfield area. Many bikers become victims in crashes that involve:
- Motorists turning into the path of an oncoming motorcycle
- Passenger vehicle drivers changing lanes unexpectedly into a Lane occupied by a motorcycle
- Switching lanes when the biker is in the driver's blind spot
- Rear ending a motorcycle rider
- Losing control of the motorcycle due to slippery surfaces
- Traveling over roadway debris, ice buildup, or snow
If you have suffered severe injuries in a bike accident, it is essential to seek quality medical care and an emergency room or a doctor's office right away. Next, consider hiring a reputable personal injury attorney who specializes in motorcycle crashes.Hiring a Springfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has represented many victims of catastrophic motorcycle crashes throughout Illinois. We serve as a strong advocate for the rights of injured motorcyclists and have successfully negotiated settlements and have won jury verdicts in bike crash cases involving millions of dollars.
Our legal team of skilled motor vehicle injury lawyers has years of extensive experience in providing legal help for our clients to obtain adequate financial recovery they deserve for their serious injuries and damages in a motorcycle wreck. We also represent surviving family members who lost a loved one to wrongful death in a motorcycle/motor vehicle accident.Building a Successful Case for Compensation
The Rosenfeld law firm will perform a thorough case preparation proven effective for presentation in front of a judge and jury or during the negotiated settlement with the insurance company's claims adjuster. We encourage you or your loved one to contact our law offices at (888) 424-5757 today to schedule a free case evaluation to discuss your motor vehicle personal injury claim or wrongful death lawsuit.
We handle all motorcycle and auto accident cases through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement postpones payment for our services until after we have negotiated an out of court settlement or won a jury trial award on your behalf as the accident victim.
Contact a Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer from our legal team for general information on our free initial consultation, receiving immediate legal advice, our years of experience, practice areas, alternate phone numbers, and our Springfield office location.