Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Schaumburg Bicycle Accidents Attorneys
When the weather warms each year, avid bicyclists take to the roads and paths in droves throughout Schaumburg, which also attracts dense traffic to the Woodfield mall and commercial districts. Heavier traffic increases the likelihood that bicyclists will be injured in accidents involving vehicles, and it is important to take every precaution possible to ensure your safety whenever you are sharing the roads with motorists.
To learn more about your legal rights following an accident or to launch an investigation to determine whether the other party involved in your accident was at fault, you may contact the Schaumburg bicycle accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC.Heavy Traffic Poses Additional Risk to Bicyclists
Schaumburg has gained renown for its commercial developments and is home to many corporate headquarters and offices belonging to giant companies. In addition, the Woodfield Mall is one of the largest malls in the country and the businesses nearby draw additional traffic.
Schaumburg is also within ten miles of one of the busiest airports in the world, so it should be no surprise that its streets are always filled with traffic. The easiest way to decrease your chances of being involved in an accident is to avoid highly trafficked roads, if possible, but you may be forced at some point to share the road with motorists.
Schaumburg requires bicyclists to obtain licenses for their bicycles (Schaumburg Ordinance 73.04) and abide by bicycle safety laws in order to reduce the chances they will be involved in accidents. Many of the laws mimic those of Illinois’s Rules of the Road, but it is important to understand bicycle specific ordinances in order to protect your rights in the event that you are involved in an accident.
- Unless riding on a path or road established specifically for bicycles, cyclists may only ride single file and must stay as far to the right as safely possible (Ordinance 73.12).
- You should never ride at speeds which may compromise your safety or which are in excess of local speed limits (Ordinance 73.11).
- Safety equipment is required on all bicycles within Schaumburg’s limits. The required equipment includes a headlamp, rear light or reflector, horn or bell and working brake (Ordinance 73.13).
- You are not allowed to ride on the sidewalk within business districts and must signal pedestrians when planning to pass them while riding in districts where you may occupy the sidewalk (Ordinance 73.17).
- As a parent, you are responsible for making sure that your child abides by the rules of the road and local laws and may be subject to fine for non-compliance (Ordinance 73.07).
Trying to understand local ordinances and state laws and how they apply to your case can be extremely confusing and frustrating, and it is important to understand that even if you share responsibility for your accident, it is still possible to recover compensation. For this reason, it is important that you have your case reviewed by one of the accredited Schaumburg bicycle accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC.
We employ the use of accident reconstruction specialists, doctors and medical experts and economists to determine who is really at fault for your injuries as well as the cost required to facilitate your full recovery. The injuries below are commonly the result when someone has been involved in an accident and can require expensive medical care to treat, making it that much more important to ensure that these costs are covered.
- Puncture wounds and lacerations.
- Traumatic brain injuries and neurological conditions.
- Injuries to the spine.
- Internal bleeding.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation so that our Schaumburg bicycle accident attorneys can review your legal options with you and help you take the next step toward your recovery. We’ve helped hundreds of clients who have been injured in bicycle accidents just like yours and because we are so confident that we will be able to help you as well; if we fail to secure compensation on your behalf, our services will be free.