Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Rogers Park Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have suffered a personal injury in a vehicle accident or lost a loved one because of another individual’s negligence, the law offices of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can assist you in obtaining financial compensation. Having a reputable personal injury attorney on your side empowers your case against the individual at fault for causing your harm. Our lawyers build strong relationships with our clients and have access to every resource necessary to successfully resolve monetary recovery claims.Why Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney is Necessary
Insurance carriers are in the business of generating profits and not serving the best interests of individuals filing a claim for compensation. They offer insurance coverage in exchange for a premium paid by the person at fault for your injuries. However, when it is time to pay out on a compensation claim, the claims adjuster will do everything in their power to drastically minimize the value of your case by diminishing the severity of your injuries.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in negotiating a fair and adequate settlement with the claims adjuster or insurance carrier. When that is not possible, we build a case to present evidence in front of a judge and jury.How can I Help my Case?
You never plan on being involved in the serious vehicle accident. When this happens, you are likely shocked and stunned with disbelief, not knowing what to do next. The following steps can help prove your claim and offer proof that supports your claim for compensation.
- Remain at the Scene of the Accident – If the crash occurred in Rogers Park, or anywhere in Illinois, stay at the scene of the accident and provide all those involved in the crash your name, address, driver’s license information and vehicle registration information. However, do not apologize to anyone for the accident or admit fault. Remaining quiet is important because many individuals are disoriented from the shock of the incident and may not know exactly who is at fault until the case has been thoroughly investigated.
- Assess Your Injuries – Even if you do not immediately recognize that you are seriously injured, remain calm and identify passengers or other motorists who require medical attention. Injured victims must be transported to the local emergency room. Avoid moving anyone injured unless it is necessary to remove them from imminent danger like a burning vehicle that is likely to explode.
- Call for Medical Attention – You might not recognize that you are suffering a concussion or internal organ damage until your condition has been diagnosed accurately by a doctor or emergency medical team. Get immediate medical attention even if you do not appear to have any lacerations, cuts, broken bones or apparent need for medical care. If you do not go to the emergency room or an urgent care center, make an appointment with a doctor within a day or two. When at the doctor’s office, describe your injuries, pains, and discomfort to ensure you receive the best treatment available to heal completely. Your attorney can set up a delayed payment plan for your treatment where the entire bill is paid out of your negotiated settlement or jury trial award. Get the care you need now, and don’t worry about the bill. Your health is most important now.
- Call Law Enforcement – If you live in the Chicagoland area, and are involved in a minor or severe accident resulting in injuries or death, you must report the incident to the Chicago Police Department, Highway Patrol or County Sheriff according to state law.
- Speak to Eyewitnesses – You, a loved one, or relative should speak to every eyewitness and document their testimony while they are still at the scene. Retrieve their names, addresses and phone numbers and ask if you can use your smartphone to record their answers. The recollection of eyewitness account can be lost quickly if it is not documented close to the time of the accident.
- Take Photographs – Your smartphone can be used to capture photographic evidence at the scene. Be sure to take pictures of all damaged vehicles and any other car or truck in the area that might have been involved in the accident somehow. Photograph every individual involved and take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries to be used as valuable evidence in a court of law.
- Document Everything – Even though you are likely under the care of a medical doctor who is documenting your injuries, take photographic evidence and write down how your injuries have seriously impacted your day-to-day living. Provide detailed information on how challenging it is to perform your household activities, the difficulty you have sleeping, your limited ability to drive your vehicle, the monetary impact caused by missing work, and the physical limitations in exercising. Document how the accident has dramatically and negatively impacted your relationships.
Also, keep notes on what your doctor, physical therapist, behavioral therapist, chiropractor, surgeon and other healthcare professionals are telling you about your injuries and level of care.
The Illinois statute of limitations law restricts the amount of time you must file a claim for financial recompense. Waiting too long can forfeit your right to file a claim in the future.About Chicago’s Rogers Park Neighborhood
Two former Native American trails make up the Rogers Park community. The area was first settled in 1809 by toll gate operator Philip Rogers as a tavern and stagecoach stop. By the 1850s, settlers opened farmlands in the western portion of the area along the original high ground that was away from the flooding lowlands. The railroad arrived in the area in 1873 with the construction of the Chicago and Northwestern Railway service line when, at the time, approximately 200 residents lived in the Rogers Park neighborhood. By 2014, that number had grown to more than 55,000 residents.
The Chicago city fathers incorporated Rogers Park in April 1878. By 1912, Loyola University (then Saint Ignatius College) relocated to the lakefront. The first planned communities in the area were constructed in Rogers Park in the 1930s to accommodate the heavy migration of Irish, Jewish, English, and German family settlers.
Rogers Park is also referred to as the 49th ward. However, certain portions of the neighborhood encompass the 49th and 50th wards due to redistricting. In addition to Loyola University, other notable schools in the area include the City Colleges of Chicago, Northside Catholic Academy, Chicago Waldorf School, Saint Margaret Mary Catholic Elementary School, UNO Rogers Park Charter School, PACT Learning Center, Roger C. Sullivan High School and Chicago Math and Science Academy.Rogers Park Contact Information
Ward 49 Alderman Joseph Moore
7356 N. Greenview Ave.
Chicago, IL 60626
Ward 40 Alderman Patrick J. O'Connor
5850 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60659
Ward 48 Alderman Harry Osterman
5533 N. Broadway Ave.
Chicago, IL 60640
Ward 50 Alderman Debra Silverstein
2949 W. Devon Ave.
Chicago, IL 60659
Rogers Park Business Alliance
1448 W. Morse Ave.
Chicago, IL 60626
Rogers Park Chamber of Commerce
7101 N Glenwood Avenue
Chicago, IL 60626
Rogers Park Builders Group
P.O. Box 267934
Chicago, IL. 60626-7934
If you are already in the process of filing or resolving your claim for compensation, it is never too late to retain our legal services. We encourage you to contact us today to speak about your case. Talk with our attorneys and allow us to provide you numerous legal options on the best way to proceed. We accept all personal injury claims and wrongful death lawsuits through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement allows us to begin providing legal representation, gathering evidence and building your case without the need of you paying any upfront fee.
As soon as you agree to retain our services, we will preserve the evidence, investigate the accident scene, record eyewitness accounts, collaborate with medical and legal experts and work together with accident reconstructionist to prove who is at fault for causing your physical, financial, emotional and property damages. Call today to schedule your appointment at (888) 424-5757 or fill in the online form now.