Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Peoria Wrongful Death Attorneys
The Peoria wrongful death attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC specialize in helping the families of those killed in accidents secure the compensation they need to cover the cost of burying their loved ones while also replacing the financial contributions and companionship those loved ones provided while alive. Whenever a preventable accident is the result of a company or individual’s negligent actions, it is possible to bring a lawsuit against the responsible party on the behalf of those who depend upon the deceased. It is our goal to make certain that the amount of damages recovered for each client is fair and sufficient to cover their financial needs well into the future so that they can focus on moving forward with their lives.Wrongful Death is Among the top Five Causes of Death in the United States
Among all age groups, accidental death is cited among the top five causes of death, according to the National Safety Council. For those under the age of 43, it is the leading cause of premature death, with car accidents and workplace deaths leading the fold. Other forms of wrongful death involve explosions, fires, drowning, medical negligence, prescription errors, choking and the inhalation or consumption of toxic materials.
If it can be proven that a person’s death was likely due to neglect or negligence on behalf of another individual, an employer or a product manufacturer, the victim’s family may be able to recover much needed compensation through a wrongful death claim. Since there are a wide variety of situations that may lead to a death through negligence, it is important to determine who is at fault for a loved one’s death and whether multiple parties may carry liability.Forms of Peoria Wrongful Death Claims
You have a right to answers following the death of a loved one and the only sure way to know whether negligence was at play is to investigate. Following are only some examples of accidents that have occurred due to the recklessness of others and for which we have been able to secure compensation on behalf of the victims’ families.
- Motorcycle accidents, whether due to the actions of another motorist or the motorcyclist him or herself. There have been claims made after the operator of a motorcycle killed his or her passenger as well as following a collision with a car or truck.
- Truck or car collisions. These accidents are one of the leading causes of death for children and working adults and are often due to factors such as driver distraction, reckless driving and the operation of the vehicle while fatigued or under the influence of controlled substances.
- Pedestrian accidents occurring due to driver negligence, such as distraction, speeding or otherwise failing to abide by traffic laws.
- Contact with hazardous materials. While this is more common on the job, it may occur at home due to the presence of corrosive or toxic materials in the water supply or environment.
- Workplace accidents. The most deadly occupations include manufacturing, excavation and construction, but workplace deaths can occur just about anywhere.
- Nursing home abuse or neglect that results in life ending injuries.
- Severe dog bites from animals running at large and out of the control of owners.
- Medical malpractice claims.
- Product liability due to manufactural defects or poorly designed equipment that has failed to perform as specified.
- Explosions, fires or electrical accidents. These types of accidents rarely end well, often with numerous fatalities.
Regardless of the type of accident your loved one was killed in, it is possible that you are entitled to compensation if it is found that the accident was due to another party’s irresponsible actions. You have the right to seek damages for the cost of your loved one’s memorial, the replacement of lost wages, loss of consortium and the pain and suffering endured by your loved one and your family.How You Should Decide Which Family Member Should File a Peoria Wrongful Death Claim
When multiple family members are impacted by the death of a loved one, there may be dismay about who should actually file the lawsuit against the wrongful party. Normally, this would be the spouse, but some victims are unmarried and have left behind numerous children siblings or parents. Rather than allowing this decision to cause division throughout your family, we recommend working together with an attorney to determine who should bring the legal action and then how the damages should be divided after a settlement or judgement.
There are occasions where families are unable to agree on these details. It is then that we can protect your interests before the judge who will ultimately determine how the damages are dispensed. We will seek to ensure you are awarded the maximum amount of compensation the law will allow.Review Your Case for Free With a Qualified Peoria Wrongful Death Lawyer
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has recovered compensation on behalf of thousands of families who were forced to endure the loss of their loved ones due to the irresponsible deeds of others. If your loved one has died in an accident, we are certain that we can help you as well. We guarantee our work, so if we are unable to do so, our services won’t cost you a dime.
Contact us today to arrange your free consultation with one of our award winning Peoria wrongful death attorneys so that we can let you know more about your legal options and what you can expect from the process. We look forward to serving your needs.