Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Peoria Bicycle Accidents Lawyers
The Peoria pedestrian accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are taking on new clients who have been injured or lost a loved one due to the actions of a negligent driver while they were legally crossing or using the street. Accidents like these are of a very serious nature because the victim is fully exposed and drivers often forget that their vehicles are powerful devices capable of untold carnage when operated in an irresponsible manner. We will explore all avenues when seeking the compensation our clients need so that they do not need to worry about the financial implications of their injuries in addition to the pain and suffering they must endure.How We Establish Fault in Order to Build Your Peoria Pedestrian Accident Case
In order to be able to present your case to a court, we need to be able to show beyond a doubt that the driver was at fault for the accident that caused your injuries. There are a number of ways we can collect the evidence to achieve this aim, which can include the following.
- Requesting police reports, which include evidence collected at the scene, eyewitness accounts and the list of witnesses who provided statements. We will often contact the witnesses to determine if we can learn anything new and to help us with our material investigation. There may also be conflicting statements by two different witnesses, so interviewing the witnesses can help us form our strategy when it comes time to go to court.
- Obtaining video from traffic cameras and security cameras in the vicinity of where the accident took place. The evidence gleaned from this exercise can provide clear evidence by showing the events in real time.
- Filing a subpoena for the driver’s phone records. We can use these records to see if the driver was sending text messages or on a phone call while the accident occurred. Distracted driving is a cause of many accidents and the illegal use of a cellphone while driving will make the driver liable.
- Obtaining recordings from the 911 calls made at the scene. These records will help us determine what witnesses were seeing in real time and in our accident reconstruction effort so that we can recreate the events as they transpired.
- Ordering accident reconstruction by a qualified team of experts, who will gather evidence from the scene and determine whether the driver was speeding at the time of impact and whether any effort was made to avoid the accident, such as swerving or applying the brakes.
- Constructing a 3D model of the accident to show the jury how events happened in a visual manner that they can understand.
While insurance companies provide the bulk of the compensation paid out following auto accidents, it is important to note that there are multiple ways we can recover compensation for our clients. If the amount of damages you have suffered is greater than the driver’s policy limits, we may need to explore alternatives in order to ensure you receive all of the compensation you are owed. Here are the ways we may seek to achieve that aim.
- Recovering compensation from the driver’s insurance policy— this is the first step when we are representing someone who has suffered severe injuries that may require expensive long term treatment and are liable to result in lost wages and quality of life.
- Seeking compensation from your own driver’s insurance company— most policies now offer coverage for underinsured drivers, so we may be able to collect additional compensation by negotiating with your own insurance company to cover the gap in compensation between what you are owed and what the driver’s insurance will cover.
- Using your health insurance coverage to bridge the gap— your health insurance is a valuable asset and if the amount of compensation you are able to recover from other sources is not sufficient, we can file a claim against your health insurance policy.
- Going after the driver’s assets— this is usually a last resort, but if the driver has assets that can be used to meet his or her responsibility for providing you with fair compensation, we can use this avenue as yet another way to obtain the damages you are owed.
If you have been injured in an accident or lost a loved one because of a distracted or reckless driver, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help you pursue the answers and justice that you seek by recovering the maximum amount of compensation that the law will allow. We would like to invite you to contact us to review your case free of charge so that we can let you know more about the thousands of other clients we’ve helped and how we can do the same for you.
Our award winning Peoria pedestrian accident attorneys work on a contingency basis, so unless we are able to secure damages on your behalf, our services will cost you nothing.