Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Evanston Car Accident Lawyer
Evanston car accident lawyers at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC know all too well that it takes just a moment to change the life of a vehicle accident victim forever. Nearly every year, the Illinois city deals with multiple serious accidents that cause severe injuries and fatalities to helpless victims traveling on the community's roadways.
If you, or a family member, were involved in an Evanston car accident, our personal injury attorneys are here for you and your family. Our legal team has experience settling and litigating personal injury cases taking place in Evanston, IL. Contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC for a free case review.Recent Fatal Auto Accidents on Evanston Streets
Severe accidents in Evanston are nothing new. A Wilmette woman faced charges concerning a litany of criminal offenses stemming from an April 2014 driving rampage in Evanston. Her erratic behavior caused her vehicle to strike three other cars, a bicycle, and a scooter in violation of local laws. The 63-year-old motorist faced charges including fleeing the scene and alluding local police.
The initial hit-and-run accident occurred in the late hours of Sunday morning at Ridge Avenue and Church Street. The woman struck a vehicle before running into the scooter and another before hitting the bicyclists at the intersection of Main Street and Custer Avenue.
Two years earlier, two persons in the city died in serious car accidents, including one incident that occurred at Crawford Avenue at Grant Street and another on Judson Avenue at Kedzie Street. The number of annual deaths had lowered only slightly from the previous year when three fatal accidents occurred.
In December 2014, a commercial truck driver working for UPS hit a pedestrian in Evanston just days before Christmas. The incident occurred when the victim was in a crosswalk on Ashland Avenue. Law enforcement officers cited the driver of the UPS delivery truck for failing to exercise reasonable care and provide a safe environment for the pedestrian. The victim, suffering severe injuries, was transported to Evanston Hospital on Ridge Avenue to treat her critical condition.
In a hit and run incident in June 2015, two individuals suffered severe injuries after being hit by a vehicle at Brown Avenue and Emerson Street. One of the victims was a 15-year-old boy walking westbound in the crosswalk in broad daylight. EMT transported the boy to Evanston Hospital, where he received treatment for injuries to his hip.Dangerous Evanston Intersections Involved in Auto Accidents
The most updated detailed list released by the Evanston Police Department outlines the city's dangerous intersections based on the number of vehicle crashes occurring at each location. The three leading crossroads in the community all intersect with Ridge Avenue at Church Street, Lake Street, and Emerson Street. Other highly dangerous junctions in Cook County include:
- Ridge and Davis
- Dempster and Dodge
- Asbury and Howard
- Asbury and Dempster
- Green Bay and Emerson
- Maine and Dodge
Local police indicate that the lanes on Ridge Road were constructed narrower than surrounding roadways, which may be a leading factor in the high incident rates of accidents. All these roads are highly traveled routes in the community where tens of thousands of vehicles use the streets every day, creating hazards for potential victims of negligence.Common Causes of Evanston Car Accidents
Even though the City of Evanston is miles away from Interstate 94, it still has dangerous roadways throughout the community. The leading causes of accidents in smaller communities often involve:
- Distracted Driving – Driving distracted is the primary factor of the majority of car accidents occurring in small communities. Distracted driving often includes inattention behind the wheel when the motorist is consuming food, drinking beverages, sending a text message, or talking on their cell phone.
- Speeding – Driving just ten or fifteen miles over the speed limit injures and kills many helpless victims every year likely because reaction time is minimized, and roadway designs often make it impossible to avoid hitting other vehicles and objects.
- Drunk Driving – Driving while intoxicated strips away the driver's ability to focus their attention while operating the vehicle.
- Reckless Driving – Changing lanes too quickly, driving too fast, or tailgating can easily cause a car accident. Many motorists act recklessly or aggressively when impatient while driving in heavily congested traffic.
- Adverse Weather Conditions – Chicagoland's slick surfaces caused by rain, ice, and snow are a leading factor in many accidents in Evanston. The slippery roadway can cause cars, motorcycles, trucks, and other vehicles to skid while braking or spin out of control.
- Running a Red Light – Red light runners injure and kill other motorists and passengers every year. The vast majority of these types of accidents involve side-impact severe collisions that cause serious injuries.
- Running a Stop Sign – Many rollover accidents are the result of a side-impact collision caused by a driver running a stop sign.
- Inexperienced Drivers – Most Young motorists are inexperienced behind the wheel and are often unaware of what to do to react quickly when driving defensively.
If a careless driver caused your injuries and damages in an accident, it is critical to seek medical help and legal representation immediately. Hiring an Evanston car attorney can help prevent costly mistakes many injured victims make when negotiating with insurance companies. Typically, the claims adjusters are often more interested in protecting their best interests at the expense of the injured party.Filing a Claim for Compensation for Injuries Related to an Evanston Car Accident
Filing a claim or lawsuit in the United States against every party at fault for your accident is the only way to obtain fair compensation for your injuries, damages, and losses. Receiving compensation can help you pay your medical bills associated with the accident and any lost earnings due to time off from work, along with pain and suffering. Dealing with insurance companies and filing documents for litigation can be complicated.Hiring an Evanston Car Accident Attorney Can Help
Your attorney can assess and evaluate the evidence in your case to determine if negligence caused the accident. The lawyer can file a claim against every party at fault and provide legal advice. Having a motor vehicle accident lawyer on your side is crucial because it is the victim's responsibility to link how another's negligence or intentional act caused them direct harm. The burden of proof involves showing how another did not act with reasonable care and that their failure caused injuries, damages, or other loss.
Contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC at (888) 424-5757. We have years of experience handling Evanston motor vehicle accidents with injuries. We accept Evanston car accident cases involving personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. We provide legal assistance through a no-obligation free initial consultation to help you determine the best possible legal ways to proceed to obtain the monetary compensation you deserve.Additional Information