Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Elgin Wrongful Death Lawyers
The death of a loved one in a preventable accident can have a catastrophic impact on those who are left behind and who need to adjust to life without the companionship and resources provided by their loved one. The Elgin wrongful death attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help your family recover damages for your losses and to resolve any disputes regarding how benefits should be distributed among the family members left behind so that you can finally begin to move forward with your life without wondering how you are going to make ends meet without your loved one’s financial contributions and support.Wrongful Death Leads Nation in Cause of Death Data
Information provided by the National Safety Council shows that accidents among the top five causes of death in the nation and the leading cause for anyone under the age of 42. Wrongful death is associated with a wide number of these deaths, as negligence often plays a role in the cause of the accident claiming the lives of the victims. These accidents can include truck and car wrecks, fires, drowning, trip and fall accidents, premises liability claims, workplace injuries, hazardous material exposure, medical malpractice, choking and prescription medication errors.
If negligence is deemed the cause of your loved one’s accident, you have the right to seek compensation from all of those who are responsible, from the person who acted in a reckless manner to the employer that willingly ignored safety procedures to the manufacturer that produced defective machinery. We often find that multiple parties share responsibility, which is why it is that much more important to determine the exact cause of your loved one’s death and to seek damages from those who are truly responsible.Types of Elgin Wrongful Death Claims
If you have lost a loved one in any form of accident, it is worth looking into the case to determine whether you have the option to file a lawsuit. Following are some examples of claims we may be able to recover compensation for on your behalf.
- Automotive accidents involving drivers that are distracted, fatigued, reckless or influenced by controlled substances. Motorists not following the rules of the road can also be held liable when they cause a fatal accident.
- Truck accidents. Truck drivers are often pushed to their limits due to tight deadlines and a pay structure that encourages them to break labor laws in order to get to their destinations faster. This can lead to deadly accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents where the motorist failed to abide by traffic laws. These accidents have the potential for devastating consequences— which often claim the life of the victim.
- Nursing home abuse or neglect. When the injuries are serious enough to cost the victim his or her life, punitive measures need to be taken to ensure no one else is subjected to the same treatment in the future.
- Medical malpractice resulting in fatal injuries.
- Product liability. Whenever machinery or consumer products cause injury due to failure or defect, the manufacturer may be held liable, especially when it results in death.
- Animal attacks resulting in fatal wounds. The majority of violent dogs are that way because of their owners and when they are allowed to roam free, they may attack and kill unsuspecting victims in a preventable altercation.
- Workplace injuries. Most of these accidents occur at manufacturing plants or on construction or excavation sites, but it is possible for a workplace accident to occur just about anywhere.
Regardless of how your loved one died, you are entitled to answers and compensation— if it is determined that negligence was a factor in his or her life ending accident. We can help you recover damages which can be used to cover the cost of medical expenses, burial, lost financial contributions, loss of consortium and the pain and suffering endured by your loved one and family.Which Family Member Should File Your Elgin Wrongful Death Claim?
In most cases, it is advisable for the victim’s spouse to file a wrongful death claim, as he or she is the closest survivor to the deceased. If the victim is unmarried, his or her parents, children and siblings may all have a claim, making it difficult to decide who should press the legal action. When this is the case, it is a good idea to meet with an attorney to determine collectively who should move forward with the lawsuit and how specifically to proceed.
In the event your family is unable to agree on how to move forward or how to distribute benefits, we can help protect your interests in order to ensure you receive every bit of compensation you are entitled to.Let Us Review Your Elgin Wrongful Death Claim for Free
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is a leading prosecutor of wrongful death claims throughout the Chicago area and has helped thousands of families secure the must needed compensation they were entitled to by law. We are confident that we can do the same for you and guarantee we will do so or our services will be free of charge.
Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation with one of our award winning Elgin wrongful death attorneys so that we can investigate your claim and review your legal options and strategy together. Once we have completed our investigation, we can let you know what you can expect if you choose to proceed with a lawsuit and how we can help. We look forward to serving your needs.