Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Elgin Workers' Compensation Attorney
Elgin owes much of its growth to its diverse economy, which has attracted significant employers from multiple industries. The industrial work poses an elevated risk of harm to employees, and the Elgin workers compensation attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are dedicated to ensuring that workers are treated with respect, dignity, and the compensation they deserve following a workplace accident.
Seeking the counsel of an experienced workers comp attorney can ensure that you will not be taken advantage of by your employer or its insurance company. Either one can make it difficult when filing your workers' compensation claim or seeking damages on the grounds of negligence or the reckless actions of coworkers.
Were you or a family member injured on the job? Do you need an Elgin, IL workers compensation lawyer? If so, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today for a free consultation.Important Employers in the Elgin Area
Throughout its history, Elgin has become the home of some of the world's most innovative companies due to its diverse approach to commerce and industry. American NTN Bearing is among the city's most notable companies, which produces bearings used in automotive manufacturing and industrial applications.
Colony Display Systems also calls Elgin home. It is a leading manufacturer of the point-of-sale equipment used by some of the nation's largest retailers. Dynacast USA creates zinc die castings used by manufacturers to create machinery, engines, and other components and has also taken up residence in the area.
Other notable manufacturers located here include Fisher Nuts, the Elgin Sweeper Company, and the U.S Can Company.Employees Can Be Injured on the Job
Industrial work carries with it the risk of bodily harm, and Illinois law protects workers by guaranteeing them benefits in the event they are injured. Unfortunately, some employers refuse to carry the insurance required to protect their workers in the event of an accident. Also, insurance companies often use unethical tactics to avoid paying claims.
Our Elgin workers comp lawyers work diligently to ensure that every one of our clients receives the benefits that the law affords them so that they can cover their expenses throughout their physical recovery.Common Injuries Suffered on the Job by Workers in Elgin, IL
It's not uncommon for industrial workers to come home with the occasional bumps and bruises that are expected due to the nature of their work.
More severe injuries that require time off and medical treatment qualify workers for benefits. These benefits are available even if the accident was the worker's fault. So, if you've been forced to take time off of work and needed to seek medical attention for your injuries, you have the right to seek compensation to cover your expenses.
The most common injuries that our Elgin work accident lawyers encounter include the following.
- Trauma to the head – These injuries often result from being struck by a falling object, slipping and striking the head, or being hit by a projectile due to a mechanical error. Whenever you have suffered a blow to the skull, it is vital to seek medical care to rule out the possibility of traumatic brain injuries. TBIs are often asymptomatic at first and result in the development of neurological disorders in the weeks or months following the injury.
- Broken or shattered bones – Workers who have broken bones must not only endure the pain that accompanies the injury and subsequent recovery, but they are sidelined during their recovery period and unable to work. The need to pay for expensive medical procedures while not working could result in added stress on the individual and his or her family.
- Loss of digits or limbs – Pinch point accidents are common in industrial settings and are the result of an employee getting a finger, hand, foot, or another part of the body caught between two moving parts. These injuries could make it challenging for the worker due to the emotional distress that accompanies the adjustment to life with a permanent disability.
- Contact with hazardous materials – Factories and production facilities often expose workers to toxic or hazardous materials. The impact of these materials on employees' health over time may not be apparent until they have developed severe or life-threatening medical conditions. Some workers develop illness from toxic exposure like asbestosis or mesothelioma after prolonged exposure to asbestos.
Employers and the insurance companies that are responsible for paying workers' compensation claims might attempt to take advantage of victims that are not fully aware of their rights.
It is for this reason that eighty-six percent of workers now seek legal representation when filing claims. Our Elgin workers' compensation attorneys provide is valuable information about your rights so that you can avoid agreeing to a settlement that is not in your best interests.
Your rights include the following.
- The right to seek medical advice and treatment from any doctor – Insurance companies may threaten you if you try to see your family doctor because they want to limit their financial obligation by having you see their doctors. The insurance company might have special pricing agreements with their physicians who might not offer you the care your need to heal. You may see the doctors you wish, including specialists who can help speed your rehabilitation.
- The right to recover the full value of your past and future medical expenses – It could be challenging to place a value on the medical care you have not received yet. Because of that, we rely on the assessment of actual medical experts who have treated similar injuries. This process helps us ensure that you can collect compensation that is fair and will not leave you in financial distress.
- The right to continue collecting two-thirds of your wages throughout your recovery. – If your injury has sidelined you permanently, you are also entitled to a lump sum settlement to cover the loss of income and opportunity caused by your inability to resume your duties.
- The right to seek compensation from a negligent employer or any third party that contributed to your injuries – We will investigate your claim to explore every avenue available to recover the compensation you deserve from every party that owes you money or benefits.
The Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission is responsible for arbitrating workers' compensation disputes. Claims for workers in the Elgin area are heard at the hearing site located at:
Elgin Community College
1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin, IL 60123
Annually, the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission releases detailed workplace injury statistics that identify benefits paid out to injured employees statewide. The most recent statistics, published in 2017, indicate that there were nearly 200,000 accidents on the job in Illinois. However, less than one out of four claims were filed with the Commission.
The major take away of this discrepancy in the number of claims filed compared to those that could have been filed reveals that many injured workers never receive the benefits they deserved. Of those who did file a claim, approximately 90% settled for an acceptable amount. The final 10% resulted in denial by an arbitrator working on behalf of the Commission.
About half of all injured workers denied benefits filed an appeal. Of these, about 40% reached settlements, and the final 10% were denied benefits again. Nearly one-third of all workers' compensation claims were filed in the state in 2017 were submitted in Cook County (Chicago).
The Commission statistics revealed that the top leading causes of job-related injuries that did not result in a wrongful death happened through a:
- Slip, trip, or fall
- Contact with a piece of equipment or object
- Workplace violence
- Harmful toxic or environmental condition exposure
- Car, truck or heavy equipment collision
The leading industries involving Illinois worker's compensation benefits happened in various occupations for the government, manufacturing, natural mining and resources, construction, and services.Hiring an Elgin Workers Compensation Injury Lawyer
A Chicago workers' compensation lawyer from Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represents the leading workers' compensation law firm for the Elgin area. We have a deep commitment to the well-being of each client when working in the legal system. We can provide immediate legal advice on your workplace injury.
Our team includes a network of quality medical professionals that can provide the medical treatment and rehabilitative options you need to get better faster. Our experienced and knowledgeable injury attorneys have a track record of success when handling similar legal issues.
Our legal team is so sure that we can help you receive the care you deserve and maximize your financial recovery that we will never accept payment unless we secure damages on your behalf. Our experienced attorneys also provide legal services to family members who have lost a loved one through wrongful death.
Contact us today to arrange a free case review with an Elgin workers compensation attorney who will evaluate the details of your case and review your legal options with you. If you are unable to meet with us at one of our offices, we will be happy to come to you. Click here for more information on our personal injury law firm law offices, practice areas, our years of experience, and receiving workers' compensation benefits.