Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Elgin Truck Accident Lawyers
Elgin is located between Rockford, Illinois, and Chicago along I-90, which draws dense trucking traffic into and through the city. Chicago is a major transportation hub, and the entire state is influenced by the extreme volume of semi-tractors that traverse Illinois' major roads.
With an increased volume of trucks on the highways comes the added risk that other motorists will be involved in accidents due to negligent actions of reckless or fatigued drivers. The Elgin truck accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are dedicated to representing the rights of those who have been seriously injured or killed in truck crashes.Busiest Roads in Elgin, Illinois
Interstate 90 draws most of Elgin's trucking traffic. However, other major roads throughout the city act as arteries that direct more local traffic and truck drivers who want to avoid congested highways. Randall Road, Larkin Avenue, and U.S. 20 are all heavily trafficked roads traveled by thousands of trucks each day. Residents have become accustomed to the regular flow of semi's through Elgin and Chicago's other suburbs to the point of not appreciating just how dangerous it can be to share the road with large trucks capable of causing devastation.How Truck Companies Cause Accidents
The trucking industry is currently in a state of crisis as most truck drivers near retirement age, and it is becoming more difficult to recruit replacements. More drivers are overworked than ever to meet the ongoing demand for transport despite the dwindling workforce available to ensure that deadlines are met.
Truckers are continually encouraged to falsify their logs, skip routine mechanical inspections, and forgo required maintenance to stay on schedule. These actions are the ultimate cause of the increase in fatal truck crashes that have occurred throughout the State of Illinois.
Some of the following factors also influence the decisions of drivers and motivate them to act irresponsibly.
- Being paid by the mile rather than the hour – Parking and waiting at a warehouse or sitting in traffic can frustrate drivers who know that the law limits the amount of time they may work inside of each day and week. If they find themselves delayed at a warehouse or behind schedule due to congestion on the road, they are tempted to subvert the rules by falsifying logs, and some companies will even promote and encourage this illegal behavior.
- Strict deadlines – Whenever drivers are threatened with penalties for failing to reach their destinations on time, they will avoid needed safety precautions such as regular maintenance and inspections to make up for the lost time.
- Failure to require routine maintenance – It is the responsibility of both the driver and his or her employer to make sure that trucks are safe to operate. Trucking companies will cut these corners to reduce their bottom line at the risk of potentially fatal accidents.
If a negligent truck driver's actions caused you or a loved one harm, the Elgin truck accident lawyers of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are committed to holding the driver and his employer monetarily responsible. Our law office will work to recover the cost of your medical treatment, out of pocket expenses, loss of income, and the pain and suffering you have endured due to your tragic injuries or the loss of a loved one.
Our comprehensive team includes professionals in specific disciplines like accident reconstruction, medicine, social work, economics, and trucking law. A Chicago truck accident lawyer and our team have recovered the highest possible amount of compensation allowed by law for hundreds of Illinois semi-truck accident victims just like you.Horrific Kane County Truck Accidents
In recent accidents involving semi-tractor-trailers have injured and claimed the lives of innocent victims involved in horrific crashes in the county. To those incidents include:
- In June 2020, multiple vehicles were involved in a horrific crash on Durham Road, leaving victims with serious injuries. The Fox River and Countryside Fire Rescue Department responded to the accident scene and found debris spread along 100 yards in the area. Multiple victims were harmed. One SUV bounced off another SUV before striking a tractor-trailer filled with gravel. The accident caused the commercial truck to flip over before coming to a stop in a ditch. One victim was transported to the Geneva Northwestern Med. Delmar Hospital.
- In December 2018, a single-vehicle crash claimed the life of a thirty-four-year-old commercial truck driver after the truck struck a light pole. The incident happened on Route 20 close to Nesler Road just before 5:00 AM on December 12, 2018. Early investigation showed that the truck veered off the roadway before striking the light pole. Local law enforcement shut down the area for more than eight hours while the investigation began.
In 2018, the Illinois Department of Transportation identified 2920 accidents within the city limits of Elgin, Illinois, resulting in eight deaths and 1247 injuries. By far, rear-end collisions (929), turning accidents (563), and hitting a vehicle at an angle (405), topped the list of leading factors in all crashes. The eight deaths included six fatalities when the victim's head a fixed object, and two head-on collisions.Hiring an Elgin Truck Accident Injury Lawyer
Contact us today to speak with an Elgin truck accident attorney and to schedule an initial consultation so that we can gather the information we need to evaluate your case and explore your legal options properly. We only require payment for our services once we have secured damages on your behalf, and our services will be free if we are not able to collect it for you.
Receive compensation for your accident injury, brain injuries, spinal cord trauma, lacerations, and wrongful death. Our case evaluation of your motor vehicle accident will ensure that all those involved in the trucking accident are held legally and financially accountable.
Let us begin the process of legal representation to recover compensation for your serious injuries caused by a commercial truck accident. We will ensure that all the necessary paperwork is filed with the insurance company and appropriate county courthouse before the Illinois statute of limitations expires. In serving Elgin in the surrounding area, our personal injury attorneys also represent every family member involved in a wrongful death auto accident.