Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Champaign Wrongful Death Attorney
It is always a tragedy when someone is killed in an accident that could have been prevented if not for the irresponsible and negligent actions of others and the victim’s family has the right to recover compensation for the loss of wages, loss of consortium, funeral expenses and pain and suffering that result. It is the goal of the Champaign wrongful death attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC to ensure that all of our clients are able to find the justice that they seek and the compensation they need to be able to move forward with their lives after the loss of a loved one. We are also able to help families decide how best to proceed with legal action and distribute the damages they recover.Wrongful Death is A Leading Factor in Premature Deaths across the Country
The National Safety Council released a report detailing the most common causes of death in the United States and accidents made the top five for all age groups. For those between the ages of one and 42, accidents were the leading cause of death, with auto accidents, fires, drowning and workplace accidents among the most common fatal accidents. Other accidents that commonly claim lives throughout the nation include medical malpractice, electrocution, explosions, choking, medication errors and exposure to hazardous materials.
If it is determined that negligence was a contributing factor in a death, the victim’s family has the right to be able to file a lawsuit against the people responsible. Responsible parties can be comprised of individuals, businesses, contractors, manufacturers and employers. There are many instances where more than one party is deemed responsible and made to provide compensation to victims following an accident.Types of Champaign Wrongful Death Lawsuits
You should always launch an investigation following the loss of a loved one to recover the answers you need to put the matter to rest. Investigating a loved one’s death can also help you determine whether legal action is warranted or necessary to ensure that justice is served. Some of the forms of accidents that may result in wrongful death include the following.
- Auto accidents. Driver distraction is increasing at an alarming rate with the introduction of mobile technology and factors such as fatigue and the influence of controlled substances can place a driver at fault if another is killed in an accident due to these influences.
- Motorcycle accidents caused by motorists or the motorcycle operator. In some instances, there may be a wrongful death claim for the passenger killed in an accident caused by the cyclist.
- Pedestrian accidents caused by negligent motorists.
- Poisoning due to exposure to chemicals or metals such as lead, asbestos and other hazardous substances. Exposure can occur while on the job or at home.
- Neglectful or abusive nursing home care which results in life ending injuries to the victims.
- Dog attacks that result in deadly wounds. If the animals were running large or uncontrolled, the owners may be held liable.
- Explosions, electrocution or fires. These accidents often have catastrophic endings and numerous workers or bystanders can be fatally injured.
- Product liability due to defective product design or manufactural error. It is commonplace for products to reach consumers with errors, but when these errors cause the products to injure workers or consumers, the manufacturers are responsible.
- Medical malpractice which results in fatal injuries.
Regardless of how your loved one died, you are entitled to answers and compensation, if it is determined that negligence was a factor in his or her life ending accident. We can help you recover damages which can be used to cover the cost of medical expenses, burial, lost financial contributions, loss of consortium and the pain and suffering endured by your loved one and family.Deciding Who Should Take Legal Action on Behalf of a Deceased Loved one
One of the more confusing aspects of filing a wrongful death claim lies in deciding who should take legal action when there are multiple possible beneficiaries. If the deceased was not married, his or her parents, siblings and children may all have the right to file a lawsuit, but only one person can do so on their loved one’s behalf. We suggest working together with your family members to remain on the same page and to work out your legal strategy together with a qualified wrongful death lawyer.
If your family is having difficulty agreeing on how to proceed or how to split the recovery among the surviving family members, we can assist you in protecting your interests from those seeking to dilute your share.Review Your Champaign Wrongful Death Claim for Free
If your loved one died in an accident and you believe that someone else’s negligence was a contributing factor, you may be entitled to compensation. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has helped thousands of families secure the maximum amount of compensation the law provides and we are prepared to fight on your behalf. To learn more about how we can help, we would like to invite you to evaluate your case for free with one of our lawyers.
Contact us today to be connected with an award winning Champaign wrongful death attorney so that we can gather the information needed to investigate your loved one’s death and to inform you on your legal rights and options. If we are unable to secure compensation on your behalf, you are assured that our services will come completely free of charge.