Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Aurora Truck Accident Lawyers
For quite some time, Aurora has acted as a transportation hub within the more extensive transport network that exists throughout the greater Chicago area.
Interstate 88 runs along most of Aurora's northern border. The area is the lifeline through which millions of trucks arrive to pick up goods arriving at its BNSF Railroad rail yard and Municipal Airport, both of which are responsible for bringing in international freight. Its contributions as a transportation hub naturally result in an increased volume of trucks on Aurora's roads and increase the odds of incidents.
The Aurora trucking accident lawyers at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC routinely represent those who have been involved in a semi-truck accident with negligent drivers and are prepared to answer your questions. For a free case evaluation of your Aurora truck accident case with an experienced car accident lawyer, complete our online intake form, and an attorney will be in contact with you shortly.Location is Key to Aurora's Trucking Industry
The northern portion of Aurora is practically built along I-88, and its proximity to I-355 makes places it in a strategic position. I-88 runs west into I-80, where it crosses the Mississippi River and into Iowa. This connection provides secure means of transportation for freight destined for the West Coast and to the east; I-88 connects with I-355 and I-294, which then connect to easterly and southern routes. Cargo arrives by rail and air and is placed on trailers before being transported to its destination.
As a result, Aurora is home to numerous warehouses that help facilitate the organization of cargo before it is diverted, and trucks are continually coming and going, day and night. When drivers are overworked, or commercial vehicles are not maintained correctly, however, this represents an incredible risk to the other drivers who are required to share the roads with the multitude of truckers who are in a constant hurry to move onto their next destinations.Trucking Accidents in Aurora have resulted in Fatalities
Over the last two years alone, Aurora has seen some devastating motor vehicle accidents involving truck drivers, and the size and power of tractor-trailers make them capable of massive property damage and destruction.
- In October 2017, a twenty-three-year-old accident victim lost his life after traveling at high speed and crashing into a semi-tractor-trailer at Interstate 88 and Orchard Road. Just before the crash, the driver had been involved in a gunfight and car chase with the Kane County Sheriff's Department.
- In June 2019, at approximately 11:00 AM, a semi-tractor-trailer overturned at the intersection of Oak Street and W. Galena Blvd. The Aurora Police Department closed the lanes and redirected traffic on alternate routes.
- In February 2019, a semi-trailer tractor accident stalled traffic in Aurora, Illinois, on Route 31 that took hours to clear. While there were no injuries, traffic was jammed on the westbound lane during midafternoon.
- In January 2014, an overworked and fatigued driver killed a tollway worker and severely injured an Illinois State Trooper, both of whom were assisting another driver whose truck had broken down. Renato Velasquez collided with the commercial vehicle and caused a massive multi-vehicle accident.
It was later discovered that Velasquez had falsified his logbooks to avoid adhering to compliance regulations and hours of service requirements and was charged with failing to reduce his speed to avoid an accident and not yielding to a parked emergency vehicle, among other charges.
- In March 2015, a senior man ran a red light and was struck by a semi-tractor. Although it was determined that the truck driver was not at fault, the fatality further exhibits how devastating truck collisions can be due to the momentum accumulated and the weight of the vehicles. The man's wife also suffered injuries but survived due to the use of her seatbelt.
In 2018, the Illinois Department of Transportation identified 4162 accidents within the city limits of Aurora, Illinois resulting in nine deaths and 1620 injuries. By far, rear end collisions accounted for most of the accidents (1341) followed by vehicles colliding in an angle (598). The nine deaths included five accidents that collided with a fixed object and three pedestrians hit by vehicles.Injuries are More Severe When Trucks are Involved
Trucking accidents often result in severe and debilitating injuries that do not merely leave the victims physically maimed but unable to support themselves due to extensive medical expenses. The injuries that occur from having a large rig crumple your vehicle can include the following.
- Compound fractures and shattered bones
- Loss of limb during or following the accident
- Paralysis or severe injury to the spine
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Deep lacerations
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding and serious injuries
- Wrongful death
The Aurora, Illinois trucking accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC approach personal injury cases with the focus of making our clients whole again. Unfortunately, an accident injury could be permanent, and it is our goal to secure compensation on your behalf that will allow you to be able to support yourself and facilitate the best chance of a physical recovery possible.
Our team includes a group of qualified doctors and surgeons who can provide the care you need as well as accident reconstruction specialists and economists who can prove the cause of your Aurora truck accident lawsuit and testify to its worth. Contact our Aurora truck accident lawyers today to learn how we can maximize your recovery following a trucking accident. Our consultations are free, and if we cannot secure compensation on your behalf, then our services will be too.Hiring an Aurora Truck Accident Injury Lawyer
Were you or a loved one involved in an accident involving one or more trucking companies? If so, let our Aurora personal injury lawyers handle your auto accident claim for compensation. Our legal team can ensure that all the necessary paperwork is filed against the truck driver and insurance company in court before the statute of limitations expires.
A Chicago truck accident lawyer can handle personal injury cases through experienced legal representation. Our personal injury attorneys ensure our clients are compensated for the medical bills, time away from work, ongoing rehabilitation, wrongful death, pain, trauma, and suffering. Visit that link for more information on our Aurora car accident law offices, filing an accident claim, practice areas, and obtaining immediate legal advice.