Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Aurora Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represents people injured in Aurora, Illinois motorcycle accidents. If you or a loved one were hurt in a motorcycle crash, let our attorneys assist you in obtaining the compensation you are entitled to under Illinois law. Contact our office anytime for a complimentary case review of your situation.The Aurora Area
Many bikers in the Aurora, Illinois area enjoy taking the 90-mile round-trip adventure to Starved Rock Run State Park just outside Oglesby. The two-lane blacktop leisurely ride provides minimal congestion along the many scenic farmlands on 71 south heading out of Oswego.
There are numerous twists and turns just before entering the picturesque state park. Stop along the way and spend leisurely hours enjoying countless small-town restaurants and shops away from the hectic hustle and bustle of city congestion. The trip takes bikers and passengers through Newark, Norway, and Ottawa, where the last part of the journey follows the Illinois River into the nature preserve and state park.
Bikers should be aware of the sometimes-congested roads when many vacationers take this route during the summer months to visit Matthiessen State Park and Senachwine Lake just a few miles further down the road.Recent Aurora Motorcycle Accidents
The Aurora motorcycle accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC remind bikers and passengers of the dangers of distracted drivers in and around the Aurora area.
Recent severe motorcycle crashes in the community involved:
- In July 2020, a motorcycle rider lost his life after colliding with an SUV. Early investigations indicate that a Jeep Cherokee turned into the motorcyclist's pathway, claiming the life of a thirty-eight-year-old motorcyclist. The accident occurred at approximately 11:30 PM at the Northgate Shopping Center intersection in Aurora.
- A fatal motorcycle accident occurred in Aurora in September 2014, when a biker and female passenger collided into a 2011 Nissan Sentra, allegedly turning left in their pathway. Both motorcycle accident victims were found lying near the intersection of Montgomery Road and Hill Avenue around 9:30 at night. The motorcyclist was transported to the Aurora hospital where he succumbed to his severe injuries from the collision. The female motorcycle passenger suffered back injuries and was transported to a Chicago area hospital. The driver in the Nissan Sentra was ticketed for failing to yield while making a left-hand turn.
- A motorcycle collision with a semi-trailer truck in North Aurora claimed the life of a biker in July 2015. The incident occurred at Route 31 on westbound 188 at around 11:30 AM on a Sunday over the Fourth of July weekend. The biker was transported to the Downers Grove Good Samaritan Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Statistics maintained by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) revealed that in 2017, over 5100 bikers died in motor vehicle accidents nationwide. While the overall number was a decrease of approximately three percent from the previous year, many of these accidents could have been avoided had the biker or motorist remained aware.
The federal agency's statistics show that even a small momentary lapse in awareness can result in the fatality of a motorcyclist sharing the roadway.
Any time a motorcycle collides with another vehicle or object, the biker and passenger are at a significant risk of severe injury or wrongful death. Survivors often suffer catastrophic injuries that could include traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal injury, multiple fractures, internal organ damage, and paralysis.
The catastrophic injuries often involve intense suffering and severe pain, along with weeks of hospitalization to start the recovery process. Most bikers involved in a collision suffer severe, lifelong disabilities, and lose their capacity to return to work.
In addition to motor vehicle accidents causing extensive property damage, injury victims often face ongoing medical bills and years of rehabilitation and therapy. The motorcycle accident can involve involving catastrophic injuries and fatalities that will usually occur from various factors that include:
- Motorists turning left at an intersection into the pathway of on-coming biker
- Limited visibility where another driver never sees the motorcycle rider on the roadway
- Unsafe lane changes by either the motorcyclist or distracted driver
- Broadside collisions where a biker hits a vehicle running a stop sign or red light
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC know that bikers often face mounting problems when seeking financial compensation for their injuries and damages in a motorcycle accident. In many situations, insurance companies exploit the prejudices against motorcyclists as being reckless and irresponsible and will either delay payment or deny the claim altogether.
Our team of Aurora motorcycle accident attorneys will protect your legal rights and push back against claims adjusters and high-priced attorneys representing the distracted driver who caused the auto accident.
If you have been injured in an Aurora motorcycle crash, we invite you to contact our personal injury law firm today. Use the contact form or phone number (888-424-5757) to speak with an attorney in our law office today. Let us provide a free case evaluation and immediate legal advice.
A Chicago motorcycle accident lawyer from our law offices can build your case for negotiating with the insurance company or presenting your evidence in front of a judge and jury. Our efforts can ensure you receive compensation from recovering your medical care expenses. We understand the financial, personal, and health challenges you face and fight aggressively to ensure you receive the monetary compensation you deserve.